Thursday, May 3

The Agony of Defeat

Well, I had a few other things planned for today, which we'll get to over the weekend, but last night's A2 Championship has left me in a funk. Obviously we lost. It's amazing I'm even composing a coherent post (we'll see about that). Now I'm not one to assign blame, but man I was awful. A number of missed bunnies, as usual in the postseason, never let us increase a lead to above three. Anyway, I'm not hear to praise the game, but bury it. Wait that's backwards.

I'm as competitive as the next guy who just happens to be at the gym 4 nights a week, which is quite a bit. I'm only getting a run in because I love to play and to make sure I do more than sit in front of a screen 24/7. Obviously I'm not getting paid to brick my layups, and my livelihood doesn't rest on whether or not I'm any good. Yet even still, a loss stays with me for a few days after it occurs. It's not like I put black curtains up and listen to Evanescence, but it's there in the back of my mind, mocking me. My point, after that rambling is really simple. How professional athletes, especially ones that have to bounce back the next day to play, seem to recover from a loss so quick makes me envious. That doesn't mean they feel good about it, but playing the night after a big loss, or even two nights later, there's still that tingle in the back of your brain. Maybe I just need a shot of vodka...hey I didn't promise this would be THAT coherent. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled website tomorrow morning.

Because the season is only 4 months away, and it's really warm in here...

No comments: